You must read and comply with all of the community regulations and requirements.
You may list up to four characters or pairings in your flashfic request.
There are two primary considerations when you making your request for the next round.
1) Stating what you do not want. If you really do not want to be reading a certain pairing or genre, be specific in what you request.
2) Being user-friendly. Don't make your request feature pairings so odd, characters so abstruse, or genres that don't fit each other that your writer will have a miserable time trying to come up with a story for you.
- Pairings/Characters: Light/FBI Agent, OC/anyone, Demegawa's wife, anyone
- Genres: anything!
- Maximum Rating: anything!
- Particular Wishes: whatever
- Particular Dislikes: whatever
In this request, you can see that the e-mail address was omitted, and the mods have no way to contact the requestor. The pairings are either completely cracked-out (Light/FBI agent) or obscure (Demegawa's wife). By obscure, we mean "appeared in a single episode or manga chapter" or has a very minor occurring role" or "was mentioned, but has never actually appeared in the manga or anime". In all these cases, the writer will be hard-pressed to come up with a story that will suit the requestor.
As for genres and the particulars, by putting "anything" you can indeed get anything. This includes homosexual relationships, rape, incest, pedophilia, necrolagnia, gore, torture, Alternate Universe...or reversely, immense amounts of fluffy romance, heterosexual smut, etc. If there is a type of fic you don't like and don't want to read - a type that you will be disappointed to receive - then please state it, clearly indicating that you do not want them.
Also, if you don't like reading explicit material (sex, violence, crudity) be sure to note your maximum rating or you can and likely will get adult content.
- Email: email@example.com
- Pairings/Characters: Light/Misa (romantic), Takada/Mikami, Light/L(platonic), Ryuk (character focused)
- Genres: drama, songfic, humor, yaoi,
- Maximum Rating: PG-13
- Particular Wishes: relationship/friendship building, sense of belonging, backstory
- Particular Dislikes: Fluff, rape, bloodplay, AU
In this request, the e-mail address was included. Also, the pairings were clearly marked as to whether they should be romantic or platonic, and no completely arcane characters were included, thus giving the writer a feasible selection.
As for genres, the requestor lists and adequate amount of genres. The person is specific about what he/she does not want to see, as well, thus reducing the possibility of the writer creating a story that will ultimately disappoint the requestor.
Failure to provide a sufficiently user-friendly request will result in a mod asking you to change your request to something more user-friendly.
Here follows a list of things you may or may not want to see in flashfics written for you. Fell free to use any of them in your request.
ADDENDUM: The monthly winners can choose whom they want to write for, a one-time opportunity. In addition, the monthly winners can choose who writes for them, a one-time opportunity.